Friday, November 12, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog on my family's move to a very small apartment.  You can click any of the tabs (who, what, where, when, and why) above to get more information about me, my family, and our move. 

My inspirations include people like Jay Schafer of Tumbleweed Houses, but I can't help but wondering how someone might go about doing a major downsize with kids.  And then I remember that people all over the world have done been living in tight quarters for thousands of years, and I think of how unhealthy and problematic the modern Western lifestyle is for families all over, and I feel hopeful and excited again.  I love warm historical novels involving families living in tight quarters but having the most wonderful, interesting experiences.  My hope is that smaller family living can be designed in such a way that it promotes family values.

I do not like spending too much time on apartmenttherapy.com because most of those houses/condos/apartments are at least two or three times bigger than what we might end up working with, and the only people I've ever noticed with kids on there have one baby or toddler.  That's so not inspiring.  I'm starting this blog because I know other families may be doing major downsizes like we are, and I figure we could all use the inspiration.

Here is an idea of what my current home looks like (only now it is much more crowded because this is the previous owners' stuff when they had it all staged for sale), so um, yeah, this is going to be a big change:







No comments:

Post a Comment